1 John 3:16
“By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.”
The purpose of the Servant Leaders is to develop students with leadership potential into equipped, godly leaders by teaching, showing, and partnering with them in the attitudes and actions of Biblical leadership.
The goal of the Servant Leaders is to build the next generation of church leaders by assisting students in the understanding and execution of their spiritual gifts.
- Believer in Jesus Christ
- Maintain Christ-like behavior in every area of life, including social media
- Able to clearly articulate the Gospel in a way that reveals their ability to speak it to others
- Has consistently shown a servant’s heart over an extended period of time
- Is in good standing with other students, parents, and pastors
- Consistently attend Parkwood Student Growth Group
- Ability to engage with new people
- Teachable spirit and growing relationship with Christ
- Consistently attend SL meetings
- Assist in Wednesday night service set-up/tear down
- Always be available to assist with immediate needs when at The Porch
- Welcome and engage new/unengaged students when at The Porch
- Extend kindness, compassion, and patience toward difficult students
- Follow-up with students at the direction of the Student Pastor
- Give feedback to Student Pastor(s) regarding ministry events and activities
- Fill a specific area of service within Student Ministry
- Production, Connections, Worship, Social Media, etc.
- Consistently volunteer to assist in fulfilling the overarching mission/needs of the church
- Fall Festival, VBS, Kids Ministry Sundays, Getaway prep, etc.